Sunday, June 28, 2015

FOOTBALL: West Ham Sign Dimitri Payet From Marseille

West Ham United have signed French midfielder, Dimitri Payet from Marseille on a five-year contract. The deal which saw the 29-year-old trade the Stade Velodrome for the Boleyn Ground the Premier League side says is worth “an undisclosed eight-figure” while reports suggests more than £10m.


He becomes the third signing by new coach coach Slaven Bilic, following Spanish midfielder Pedro Obiang and Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Darren Randolph.

Payet tells West Ham’s official website:

“I’m an attacking footballer so for sure I like attacking football and that they’re counting on me to help achieve that gives me a sense of responsibility. “The fact that I’m here is also down to that. I’m very happy to be here. It’s true that it’s taken a little while but that’s normal, negotiations are like that. But now that it’s done, I’m very happy.”

Payet, who joined Marseilles from fellow Ligue 1 outfit LOSC Lille in June 2013, scored seven goals in 36 appearances in the 2014-15 season.

His senior France debut came in an Euro 2012 qualifying win over Romania in 2011 and grabbed his first international goal in an international friendly against Belgium last month

No comments:

Post a Comment