Sunday, August 24, 2014

#Ebola-- God Cured Me; Not Zmapp-- American Ebola Patient

| credits: dailymail.co.uk
                    The American doctor, Kent Brantly, who contracted Ebola Virus Disease in Liberia has attributed his recovery from the deadly virus to God and not to the experimental Zmapp drug used in treating him.
                  After being discharged from the Emory University Hospital in the United States of America, Dr. Brantly made his first public statement since contracting Ebola in Liberia almost a month ago, thanking God for his survival.

In a video posted online on Friday, he began by sharing how he and his family came to be in Liberia as medical missionaries who moved to West Africa because “God called us to serve the people of Liberia.”


According to him, on July 23, his life took an “unexpected turn” when he contracted the deadly virus.

“Today is a miraculous day. I am thrilled to be alive, to be well and to be reunited with my family. As I lay in bed in Liberia for the following nine days, getting sicker and weaker each day, I prayed that God would help me be faithful, even in my illness,” he said.

“And I prayed that in my life or in my death that he would be glorified. I did not know then, but have learned since, that there were thousands, maybe even millions of people around the world praying for me throughout that week and even till today.

“I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and your support, but what I can tell you is that I serve a faithful God who answers prayers.”

While Brantly thanked the medical staff in the isolation unit at Emory hospital, he believed his survival was a “direct answer to thousands and thousands of prayers”.

In an earlier statement from his isolation room, the doctor thanked “God for His mercy” and noted “God often leads us to unexpected places.”

According to Brantly, “God saved my life”.

“Above all, I am forever thankful to God for sparing my life,” he said.

“Please continue to pray for Liberia and the people of West Africa.”

Also, the President, Samaritan’s Purse,a religious charity organisation, Franklin Graham, ascribed the doctor’s faith in God for his speedy recovery.

“Today I join all of our Samaritan’s Purse team around the world in giving thanks to God as we celebrate Dr. Kent Brantly’s recovery from Ebola and release from the hospital. His faithfulness to God and compassion for the people of Africa have been an example to us all,” he stated.

Brantly and American nurse who also contracted EVD Nancy Writebol, were given one of only five courses available of the experimental drug.

The pair split the dose before being moved to the US from Liberia.

No comments:

Post a Comment